HIGH HOLY DAYS 2016 (5777)
METIVTA HIGH HOLY DAYS SERVICES LED BY RABBI SHEFA GOLD
The Santa Monica Synagogue
- Erev Rosh Hashanah — 7 pm October 2 $40/36 member
- 1st Day Rosh Hashanah — 9am October 3 $80/75 member
- Tashlich by the Sea with Rabbi Shefa Gold at Temescal Canyon, 3:30PM-FREE
- 2nd Day Rosh Hashanah Chant and Meditation — 10am October. 4 $80/75 member
- Erev Yom Kippur/ Kol Nidre —6 pm October 11 $50/45 member
- Yom Kippur — 9am-2pm, October 12 $90/80 member
- Yizkor 4:30 followed by Mincha and N'eila.
- Yom Kippur break options after morning services — restorative yoga followed by Yiddish mysticism.
Community Break-the-fast 7:30 — 8:30pm October 12 (with vegan and gf options) $20
All services tickets: $280 members/ $300 non-members. All advance reservations and payments will be handled through online registration.
As I watch the moon shrink into darkness and I celebrate Rosh Chodesh Elul, I am thinking of you, excited to enter together into a process of reflection and renewal during The Days of Awe. I will be spending the first week of Elul in the wilderness of the Canyonlands of southern Utah, floating down a river in prayer and wonder. My intention is to open to the holy work of Elul, and bring whatever messages, inspirations, questions that emerge, to you during our time together in Santa Monica.
What I love about this opportunity of being with you during High Holy Days, is that I get to be real; I get to engage with you in the place of our deepest longings, our highest visions; and together we can enter into a silence that is so empty of artifice, so full of love.
Let’s take this journey together. While I’m floating down my river in Utah, you can step into your own raft of this Elul journey. Turn towards your practice, towards each other, towards the Great Mystery that is just waiting for our attention, to be revealed. Pay attention to the questions that emerge, to the promptings of your heart, to the deeper longings that pull you.
Don’t think of High Holy Days as merely “going to services.” Think of this opportunity to practice together as a date with God, the Great Mystery… or as a spiritual retreat that will culminate in a rebirth of your hope and vision for your life and for the world.
In grateful anticipation of our time together,