Please Join Us for an Inspiring Journey
HIGH HOLY DAYS 2018 (5779)
Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur
LED BY Rabbi Tirzah Firestone
and Metivta community leaders
We have a vision: On our personal journey through the Days of Awe,
the Yamim Noraim, we will each discover our innermost truth.
This is the mysterious opportunity of the High Holy Days.
We hope you will join us for INCLUSIVE services with an eclectic and rich mix
of prayer, contemplation, chant, teaching, movement and silence.
The Santa Monica Synagogue
SCHEDULE (UPDATED 8/8/18):
- Erev Rosh Hashanah — Sunday, Sept. 9, 7—9:30PM
- 1st Day Rosh Hashanah — Monday, Sept. 10, 9AM — 2PM (including kiddush)
- 2nd Day Rosh Hashanah Tuesday, Sept. 11, 10AM— 1PM followed by light lunch ($12 extra fee for lunch)
- 2nd Day Rosh Hashana Tashlich by the Sea at Santa Monica Pier, 2:30-3:30PM -FREE
- Erev Yom Kippur/ Kol Nidre —Tuesday, Sept. 18, 6 :15; Seated and Kol Nidre promptly at 6:30
- Yom Kippur — Wednesday, Sept. 19, 9 AM to 2 PM; (2 - 4:30 Break); 4:30 Yizkor; 5:30 to 8:00 PM Conclusion followed by break-fast.
- Community Break- the- fast (separate fee)
I invite you to join Metivta and me at the threshold of the New Year —to dive into the silence of our souls, and there to listen, pray, and be transformed. What lies behind us has strong momentum, pulling us into the chaos and rapidly changing landscape of the world. But another place of larger wisdom awaits us, what the Kabbalists describe as Mochin d'Gadlut (Expanded Consciousness). And when we conspire (literally, breathe together) this expanded consciousness is easier to access. It is there that we can hear the kol d'mama daka, the voice of fine silence, as Rabbi Omer-man calls it, guiding us each definitively yet lovingly to our next steps, the next stages of our wholeness.
R' Abraham Isaac Kook taught: "In the depths of the human soul the voice of God calls without ceasing. The tumult of life can confuse a person so that most of the time she will not hear this voice." At Metivta this year, we will calm the tumult of life and listen to God's call, the voice of our innermost hearts. Then, let's pray like never before—for our lives, for our children, for the life of the world—and together, with God's help, let's bring forth a year of peace, justice, and profound changes.
With love and blessings,
Reb Tirzah Firestone
P.S. Please click onto this song, written by R' Michoel Shapiro, to call down the protective wings of the Shechinah onto our world. We will be singing it together throughout the holidays.
Prices: $300/ $280 (Member) for all services + $20 Break Fast
Or create your menu of days you wish to attend.
· Erev Rosh Hashanah $40/ $36 (Member),
· Rosh Hashana Day 1 $75/ $70 (Member)
· Rosh Hashana Day 2 $75/ $70 (Member)
Rosh Hashana Day 2 lunch $12
· TASHLICH - FREE
· Erev Yom Kippur/ Kol Nidre $50/ $45 (Member)
· Yom Kippur Day- $90/ $80 (Member) Yom Kippur
· Yom Kippur Break-Fast 7:30PM - separate tickets required $20
Please do not allow finances to hinder you from attending – while fees do go only towards covering our expenses, no one will be turned away.